quarta-feira, 16 de novembro de 2011

When do the bells ring for me?


Edward Hopper (1882-1967)
Cape Cod Evening  1939

I wonder when do the bells ring for me
when someone tugs a heartstring for me?
when does it come my time?
when does the poem rhyme?
when do the songs they sing, sing for me?

to those who say "hey, wake up and feel life"
I say "i'm ready, just show me the way"
show me those arms that say "welcome to real life"
and we'll stay, we'll stay

how many parties more can i run to?
how many little loves can there be
before it's all a bore?
forget it, i want more
I want someone who wants want more of me
 like making promises good in the daylight
the thing is here am i, where is she?
when is it my chance?
when is it my dance
when do the bells ring for me?

2 comentários:

BlueShell disse...

The bells will ring ffor you...one day...for sure!

Kisses!

L.S. disse...

Blue Shell,...bem sabemos que sim, obrigada.